We are currently hiring for a reliable Diesel Mechanic at Barton Supply in Aurora, CO. We are looking for an experienced Diesel Technician that maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records. You should have experience in a similar function for a busy 200 + employee population manufacturing facility.
Salary: $20- $28 per hour, depending on experience. This position will also be eligible to receive a sign on bonus of $1500! You would receive $500 at 30 days of employment, $500 at 90 days of employment and $500 at 6 months of employment. No relocation is available for this position.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
This position operates in a manufacturing environment. There may be times of working in adverse weather conditions. Regularly visit other Barton locations to ensure compliance, train or assist with vehicles, if needed. (Longmont, Commerce City and Colorado Springs)
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to be on feet all day, indoors and outdoors
- Ability to carry/lift up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Ability to work outdoors in cold and hot conditions and/or in adverse weather.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The employee in this position is paid hourly and overtime hours are available.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience in Tooling, Supply Management/Inventory Control and Mechanical Inspection Tools.
- Diesel maintenance background with knowledge in Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanics. Experience working with large machinery a plus.
- Experience working as part of a team but also able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be proactive, detail oriented and self-motivated. Dependability is a must!
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, cutting, welding, fabrication and tooling.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment in all the aforementioned areas.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour