Summary: Under limited supervision, load/unload/store building materials within our warehouse, yard and shop areas. Operate a Forklift and other heavy machinery in a safe and efficient manner, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- At least 1 year Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the steel industry.
- Experience as a Machine Operator with forklifts, overhead cranes, bending machines, and/or a shear operator a plus
- Identifying workplace safety hazards.
- Basic to Intermediate shop math skills.
- Good attendance a must!
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- STRONG teamwork skills, but also the ability to work as an individual.
- Proven ability in the use of a variety of hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, walk long distances, stand for long periods, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights at times, and work in extreme weather conditions. (hot and cold)
- High school diploma or equivalent with strong fundamental skills (math, reading, writing)
- Ability to speak and understand basic English language.
- Must have a good attendance and a willingness to work overtime as required, which may include some Saturdays during the busy season.
- Willingness to continuously improve.
- Observe safety procedures and correct or report any observed safety violations.
- Understand the goals of the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual a plus.
This position operates in a warehouse and shop environment. Much of our material is located outside so there is exposure to extreme weather conditions, both hot and cold. Relocation is not being offered for this position.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The employee in this position is paid hourly, and is expected to work the hours necessary to manage the production operations of the organization.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Exposure to the outside weather elements.
- Will assist in moving material around the warehouse/shop or yard.
- Will assist with the loading of material onto trucks for delivery.
- Walking, sitting, standing and bending
- Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
- Moderate noise level
Barton Supply prides itself in providing our employees with an assortment of key benefits. Our mission is based on our core values and we work every day to live up to it. We consistently provide our employees with a very competitive and comprehensive package. In providing these benefits the company strives to maintain a very competitive package and adjusts annually to ensure that this is accomplished. Company provided and optional benefits include:
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Company paid Life Insurance at $35,000
- Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Additional Life and AD&D insurance available
- Critical Illness and Accidental Injury
- Generous Paid Time Off Schedules and Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan including Company Match
Barton Supply is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. Individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Barton Supply’s selection process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment with Barton Supply. If you require an accommodation in completing our application, please notify the HR Department (1-800-576-2200). Barton Supply seeks to hire the most qualified applicant for each position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour